43 Burgess Kings Beach Hotel, formerly the Perle Hotel
1957 Opening of Perle Hotel courtesy Alex Hay, post WW2, 1950s
Opening of the Perle Hotel August 1st 1957 in the Caloundra Weekly courtesy Peg Leisegang
Paul Mckillop to Coast locals - then and now. 1960s postcard
The Hotel Perle. Caloundra. 1950s.
Posted by Donna Cannon in Coast Locals - then and now Aug 15th 2018
An early guest house on the Coast was Kings Grand Central, built by Allan and Eliza King who married in 1890 and settled in Caloundra not long after.
Kings Grand Central was built near a sand track later to become the corner of Edmund and King Street.
It was a popular place to stay and, in 1935, a second storey was added to the wooden structure to accommodate the increasing number of holiday visitors.
The building was demolished to make way for the construction of the Perle Hotel, which was opened on the site on August 1, 1957.
In 1991, the Perle Hotel was rebuilt and is now known as Kings Beach Tavern.
Photo from - Edna Sallaways