? Maloja lost Maloja Edgewater 1992 lost Maloja in 1940 or 41 lost
1977 aerial photo courtesy DERM
Maloja Ave courtesy John Groves from David Barker, left to right - Sailing Club and boatramp, creek which had the Endeavour replica, Hibuscus Holiday Park and Pumicestone Creek, Coles site behind with Golden Fleece Service Station built with sawtooth roof, photo dated mid 1970's judging from the development from the Caloundra State High School (info from John Groves) Tripcony Holiday Park, van Van Sleeve's boatshed, & Edgewater. Behind is BP Garage - flooded to 600mm in 1970s, cricket ground, then further along the waterfront, the house at 34 Maloja, Teshes, then twin flats, info from John Groves
Repairing the Lighthouse lantern when it was being moved in 1970, shows the BP service station and houses in Maloja Ave. Photo courtesy Alf Easton
1966 Drainage Plan link - Edgewater is coloured yellow, the long building to the west jutting into the passage was Pat Van Sleeve's boatbuilding factory. Info from Michael Barnett - his father worked there.
Six inch gun at Black Flat ready to be transported to Fort Bribie during world war two - the building is the same shelter shed or hall pictured below
1940 aerial photo courtesy DERM
Early days Caloundra courtesy Doreen Hall & Nancy Andrews
from Brothers of Bribie Heritage
by Audrey Abrahams
extract from map of Robert Bulcock's 1917 land sale showing Maloja Ave to be named Burgess St, Tripcony's Store and Hall (shelter shed)
courtesy Landsborough Museum. Also shows the proposed tramway terminus - the train proposal never eventuated.